LM’s dad set her up with his old phone. It has lots of games, but can only iMessage and FaceTime. I was wary about it at first, but the idea has won me over.
Happiness and Mario Badescu. ;)
This is exactly right. Just went to ULTA today, as a matter of fact. I’m hooked. That stuff is magic! Happiness is pretty good, too. 😊
The moment when the table turns.
1) Since LM left me the day after school let out, I didn’t have time to properly reward her for her straight-A final report card. Today I took her to get a mani/pedi. She was so excited and behaved really well and it was all just so damn cute I could hardly stand it.
2) Now we’re out to lunch. We’re having a girly mom/kid day, and it’s actually been nice.
3) I’ve been avoiding cooking for far too long, and I need to stop. LM makes it a pain because she’s picky as hell, but usually only about things I cook for her. Also, I made a beautiful and delicious chickpea soup one time for Josh, and he seemed meh about it. I don’t want to cook for someone who doesn’t love my food. But I need to suck it up and just cook for me if no one else wants what I make. Fuck ‘em.
4) I was worried about getting hired on permanently at my job. As of yet, I’m still a temp. They said they totally planned to do temp-to-hire, but I’ve never gone through a process like this, and just knowing that they *could* decide at the end of three months that they don’t really like me and don’t want to hire me, scared the hell out of me. But with the ensuing clusterfuck that’s occurred in the wake of the church lady just announcing that she’s leaving, I’m feeling a lot more confident in my position there, and in the fact that they need me.
5) The other temp lady is going permanent soon, and she said they told her there’d be a signing bonus and raise if/when she were to go perm. I don’t remember hearing about this, but my interview was bizarrely short. I think my boss likes me more than her, too, so it would be super cool if that happened. I could use it, but honestly, I’m making more even right now than I ever have. I just want to be hired on. Like for realsies.
6) Yesterday was the first day in what seems like forever, that Josh and I woke up together and had nothing we had to do. It was glorious.
7) Then my cat interrupted us having sex by scratching frantically at the bedroom door (she was locked inside), and making me laugh till I nearly cried.
Frank Drebin 4eva!!!!
Does the blacklist only pertain to text OUTSIDE of an ask? I blacklist ‘happy birthday’ so I can avoid birthday spam, but it hasn’t worked the past few … weeks? Months?
I try not to complain too much about how others blog, I just like to put that stuff on my list of shit I don’t want to see and forget it, but when it doesn’t work …
Anyway, does anyone have an answer for me?
(I’m not complaining about your birthday spam, Josh, just about the fact that my blacklist isn’t blacklisting. Keep posting. You do you, boo.)
<3! Why are you looking 17 these days?? What is your secret ???
The blood of my enemies. (J/K. Obviously. No idea. Weird lighting?) Thanks, though! That made my day! :)
I feel posty, but not wordy, so here’s my face. And my grumpy, bitchy, beautimous cat. And my tarantula terrarium, with books on top because someone is a bad cat who likes to fuck with the spider. He’s not pictured.
Get to Know Me Meme - [1/16] favorite female characters
Tina Belcher » ”Dad, if you believe you’re beautiful, you will be. I did.”
It’s not that I think people can’t change, it’s that I think most people (myself included, most of the time) find it too difficult and give up. I get it. Change isn’t just hard, it fucking hurts. It’s easier to pull back from that kind of pain than to force yourself through to the other side of it. Especially, when you can’t even see that theoretical other side, and don’t know if it’s even there.
I’m getting a bit too abstract.
When I see old behaviors in others, it emphasizes to me the change in myself. And I’m proud of it because it hurt like hell to arrive here.